Wind

Very windy today - not a good day for picking olives. The wind is from the south so it has been pretty warm. Rather different to the snow I see reported from the UK. The strikes at the ports here on Crete are beginning to take their toll and a lot of farmers are losing their stock as they cannot send it to market.The farmers are also planning to close the roads in retaliation of the ports being closed - not sure how that will help!
 My essay is nearly finished. Need to take a break from it for a while and re read it later, then finish the footnotes and bibliography. Just watched an episode of Dr Who on Greek television - the Greeks are a little bemused by the Daleks!
 Anna called me to tell me she has arranged an interview with Grigoris Markakis, the Mayor of Kryoneridas and the Mayor elect of Apokoronas, for our new newsletter. We are on the hunt for a tape recorder! He has a great deal of work to do to get ready for the take over in January. The government is running seminars for the new mayors.
I have packed the car ready for the table top sale in Georgioupolis tomorrow morning. There is a Christmas fair in Almyrida in the afternoon but I doubt I will get to it.
 This evening in Vamos there is a musical evening of new compositions by a local traditional Lyre player and and English musician, a fusion of the two styles, I would like to hear it if I get the chance. The trouble tends to be that getting up at 6 every morning is not conducive to going out late at night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!