One of "those" days

Yesterday was one of "those" days. It started well enough and I believed I would have a quiet morning catching up on office work and my University essay. It began to go awry at about 9 when Christos  - having gone to check whether some olives were ready to harvest - was bitten by a dog! The bite was not serious, but as it had broken the skin we thought we had better go to the health centre at Vamos. Having been ( eventually) checked out by a doctor we discovered they did not have any Tetanus inoculations there or antibiotics, so we went down to the pharmacy with the prescription - to discover they had none either! We were told to come back at 7.30 in the evening when they would have got some in. While I was in Vamos I took the chance to order a turkey for Christmas from 'Jon the Butcher'.
  By the time we got home it was lunchtime so we had some aubergine casserole and C went for a siesta while I tried to get back to work. I knew I had to leave for another appointment at 2.30 and that I was due back in Hania in the evening so not much office work was going to get done!
The afternoon went fairly smoothly but involved a lot of hanging around to see people, wait for them to call back etc etc, not to mention getting C sorted at the pharmacy!
 Today I will be in Hania most of the day - hopefully with good results!
The election vote is still being checked and we are waiting for the court to verify the outcome so we can get on with some work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!