Counts and re-counts

Having called in the morning to find out if we had the final detailed results of the election, I was informed that the re-counts were still going on. Not only for individuals but all the votes, down to the colour of the ink! I pointed out that one small polling station, their one blue biro having broken, continued in black.....
I decided to give the bathroom a "once over'. At this point the mixer tap on the bath totally disintegrated. Luckily the tap was off at the time so I did not have a flood. A neighbour - who knows about these things - called in and confirmed my suspicion that the only solution was a whole new tap. Consequently I went off to the hardware store at Vamos. Having chosen the new tap ( the cheapest they had at 40 euro!) I discovered that they were not able to take credit cards so I had to go up to the ATM. Going up through the village I got stuck behind a bus that was jammed at the junction due to badly parked cars on the narrow road. Having got my money I returned to find a truck "parked" outside the pharmacy, in the middle of the main road through the village which once again stopped all the traffic.
 The tap was quickly replaced when I got home and I carried on with my original plans!
Today the town hall employees are on strike amongst others and VAT is going up to 13% on basic things like bread, veg, fruit, eggs, etc etc! Wages have been slashed - a cousin who is severely disabled has had her pension cut to 325euro per month. this has to cover everything including food and care......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!