Georgioupolis harbour development

As promised, here is the sketch of the plans for the harbour recreational area. 
(I know the picture overlaps the sides a little but if it is smaller it is difficult to see the details!)


This includes a skateboard area, a playground with athletic facilities, a sitting area and parking for 76 cars. Also there is to be a community building with public toilets - a gift from Mr Papadakis a former mayor of Georgioupolis



In the meanwhile work is also continuing apace in the square. 
Here you can see the large water feature taking shape.



I had a busy day in the town hall chasing paperwork and various information for people and helping a few more get registered to vote.
There is also a new Environmental group newsletter on the site 

Comments

  1. is the little green bar/cafe still going to be open?

    ReplyDelete
  2. will stelios kantina still be there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wonder - will stelios kantina still be there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoke to Stelios last week and the cantena has had to go. He was not sure what he was going to do. But knowing him I am sure he will come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cantina was an important part of our holidays. I hope the family find another business. What a shame for them. I am so pleased that we had many happy years having all our holidays in GP. We saw it before all the seafront development. What a wonderful place it was. We no longer holiday there, for us they ruined it with the promenade. After the latest developments it will be completely ruined for people like us. I prefer to remember our wonderful Georgioupolis as it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.I loved GP as it was. I will be coming back maybe for the last time this May. I just hope McDonalds never get a foot hold there

      Delete
  6. We will see what he comes up with when we visit in June but I fear you are right and we may have to find somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!