Seminar

Today I attended a very interesting Seminar at the Environmental Education Centre in Kefalas. The Seminar was entitled " Volunteering and the Environment" There was a good mix of attendees, teachers, professors, people who were simply interested and some "Northern Europeans" as the Greeks call us.
Before the seminar began we had a look around at the facilities of the centre and saw some of the projects children had been doing
                                 A solar powered raft built out of water bottles and a drink can.
We had many interesting talks including one from Ivor Caswell ( which I had to translate into Greek) and one from Thanasis Karathanasis who deals with the environmental programs for the council. I believe we all learnt a lot

                                                    Coffee break in the kitchen of the Centre

Georgioupolis square was closed to traffic yesterday and although there is a good reaction from the tourist and foreign residents some of the local people do not like it. I hope they will quickly see and improvement in their trade and then they will understand why it has been done.
 After I got home from the seminar I made six pots of apricot jam and now I am looking forward to putting my feet up for a while. Tomorrow is "Tabletop " day in Georgioupolis. I better give myself a little extra time as I don't know how the new traffic regulations will affect unloading the car!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!