Where is this week going?

It's Thursday already! Monday I had to go to Rethymnon in the morning. I hate going to Rethymnon! The road, the parking, the main street full of grafitti. When I go I shoot in, deal with whatever business I have to do and get out fast. I am sure the old town is lovely and it is different if you are a tourist and can wander round and enjoy it. I was in an out at a rate of knots and even found a parking space in the central car park!. In the afternoon I had a rehearsal for the play " Confusions" which we are reprising at the weekend because so many people were unable to get tickets originally.
Tuesday was the day from hell. Chania and back twice in one day. Early in the morning to the hospital (just a regular check up). I am always amazed that the "canteen" where one can get drinks and snacks does not have one healthy option. Everything is either pastry or sweet. I do like their spinach twirls but I rarely buy one because they are so greasy. In the evening back to Chania, this time to the accountant ugh! I remarked on how difficult it was to get a particular paper and my accountant told me that the rules for that particular paper had changed seven times in two months! - No wonder the local office were having problems!
Because I had to be in Hania on Tuesday I had changed my "surgery" day in the council office to Wednesday. I dealt with a couple of queries and caught up on the latest happenings in the municipality. There is an ongoing war of letters in "Haniotika Nea" about the changes in Georgioupolis! Luch was salad and boiled snails... In the evening was the dress rehearsal for "Confusions" which went pretty well, a few mishaps and forgotten lines - and very loud Cicadas! After the rehearsal off to a local taverna overlooking Almyros bay, where three of us shared a litre of wine and a portion of grilled chicken. A thorough catch up of local gossip and scandal - old and new - ensued and a discussion on the positive things that came out of the years of the Colonels. It was not all bad, the one thing that did happen was an improvement in infrastructure. Roads were built and electricity was put on to the villages ( Yes it was the 70's before our village had electricity)
Today I have a  glut of courgettes to deal with. Chutney beckons methinks........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!