Tuesday Agia Paraskevi

A name day today which meant that a lot of people were at "Panygyris" last night and will be again today, and at church this morning. The Town hall was remarkably quiet, though I had a few people come in to see me. I left a little early and unfortunately someone else came in after I had gone. I can only apologise.
I have had a lot of enquiries about the pelican. The latest news was that he is doing well and expected to be alright. Catching the culprits is not simple. Lots of rumours abound, but with no witnesses - or at least no one prepared to come forward - there is little that can be done. Many of the local people were crying at the news and the rest are sickened and angry. I rather think that if it becomes known who did such a thing the police will be the least of their problems.
                                         Happier days! ( A photo of "Christos" from facebook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!