I'm Back!

First I must apologise  for the lack of blogs over the last couple of months. Now I'm back and hope to do better! So what has been happening? Spring is here and the weather is improving - with a few blips! We had the "Gadaffi Wind" along with some rain last week so everything is covered in mud. We hear the planes going over to Lybia above us and and earthquake last week. Well the council has been busy getting everything sorted out. Six going into one with no transition phase means a lot of work to do. committees to dismantle and rebuild, budgets to plan and everyday work to do! We are beginning to see the results of the work along the seafront - cleaning of beaches, clearing of roads and the rubbish collection is better organised. The first large cruise ship "Mariner of the seas" arrived at Souda. Other than work I have completed another term ( and essay) of my on line diploma with Hull University and I have found myself in the local Drama group with rehearsals starting next week - so you can all see where my time has gone!
The "Apokoronas Our Home" website continues to be updated and improved and I have found myself visiting the "Periferia" for appointments for various things, on one occasion Dora Bakoyianni was expected  and I was going down the stairs as she came up in the lift.
In the council the new system for council tax was voted through and the proposal of civil weddings being held in buildings other than the town hall was also passed. The citizens committee is in the process of being organised. I have been badgering the councillors for their biographies for the website - easier said than done! I seem to have had a lot to do with the water board - the main problem seems to be communications between them and the English speaking community. Lots going on! more next time....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!