Around and around

Today I had several jobs to do in the morning, all in different villages. Could I leave any of them for another day? Not really. I decided I had better just plan a circular trip as far as possible.

I left Kalamitsi and headed towards Vamos. First to the bank to pay bills and then to the builder's merchant for some paint and varnish.



I admired the vintage motor bikes outside the shop.


From there I took the back road to Vrysses, past Karydi monastery. I noticed that there was some renovation going on. THe weather was dull and cloudy.



At Vrysses it was another story, it was warm and sunny.


It was dull and cloudy over the mountains though.
The council were tackling a broken pipe. There had been a car crash on the main street late last night and the car hit the kiosk and the monument next to it. Luckily at that time it was closed.



From Vrysses I took the national highway to Kavros which was looking rather deserted and forlorn.



After Kavros I took the back road to Georgioupolis. The sides of the road were decked with yellow flowers




Even the centre reservation of the national highway was abloom.



When I reached Georgioupolis the sky was still blue.


the sea was choppy and throwing up dark mud and weed.



From there to Exopoli

And home at last!






Comments

  1. Nice round trip Helen and thanks for the photos. Hope no one was hurt in the accident. It was lovely today in the sunshine but cold still in the shade.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!