The trouble with backs!

You may be wondering where I have been over the last couple of days (or not - well never mind!)
 On Tuesday I opened a cupboard to reach for a recipe book and before I even reached for it my back went "ping!" Those of you who suffer in the same way will know what this means. I was unable to move, to sit, to stand, to lie down. Once lying down I could not get up again! Apart form the pain and inconvenience I also missed several things I wanted to go to. One of which was the children's carnival in Georgioupolis yesterday. As I was not there I have had to rely on photos from some friends - I missed a lot of fun!



A big thank you to John who stood in for me at the council office in Vrysses on Wednesday morning as I had promised to be there!

I also missed yesterday evening's council meeting, but got a full update today, It was confirmed that Mr. Markakis, the current mayor, will not be standing in the next elections.

I am currently planning several meetings in our area to explain who I am standing with in the next local elections and the reasons why, I will be sending out information in the next couple of days. If you are not on my mailing list and would like to be, please contact me on info@apokoronasourhome.com 

You probably know that there are seven or eight people planning to stand for election as mayor. It is good that there is plenty of interest but it does cause some statistical problems. For example, in my village each candidate has to have 4 candidates for village representatives, multiply this by 8, this means 32 people standing ( Not including those standing as area councillors) this is repeated in many villages in the area. How many people will be left to vote? It is causing splits in families too. That is not altogether a bad thing as long as it is amicable as the days of voting for someone just because that are your cousin, uncle, godfather etc needs to change. Most of the candidates have mixed teams from all the political spectrum, a couple of them are supported by specific political parties. In the event I do not expect all of the eight candidates to stand and some may combine resources before the closing date for candidates.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!