Exciting News!



Some of you will remember that last year I travelled to Athens to address a conference about being a European living in Greece. I am happy to say that I have been asked once again to attend and speak.
This time the subject is the local elections and as I have experience of that, and I will be standing again as a prospective councillor of Apokoronas I am excited to take part once again.
The last conference was very interesting and the speakers were myself and a German as people from long term members of the EEC and one person from Romania and one from Poland representing newer members. the discussions ranged from work and how some of the members were expected to work in only menial jobs even though they were highly skilled and educated through to discrimination, how we have been accepted socially and many other topics. All of the seminar takes place in Greek as all of the attendees are from different countries, but predominantly Greek, and there are open questions at the end so I have to be on my mettle!


This is an ongoing project between the Moveact project, you can read more here  and for the Hellenic foundation for European & Foreign policy, more here





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!