Racing around

Thursday was a little fraught. I had an appointment with one of the deputy mayors and also had to get a paper from the town hall signed and stamped for the use of the large car park in Georgioupolis for the car boot sale on Sunday. I dealt with that and got a signature on yet another paper for a different issue. I was preparing to go to a meeting in Vamos when I was called and asked if I would take care of arranging the use of one of the old schools for the following day. This entailed trying to arrange a cleaner at the last moment, the person in charge of the cleaners was only able to find one at such short notice but I crossed my fingers and said that we could find some volunteers to help. "Can you pick up the cleaner from her village and take her back after work?" Not very convenient but I agreed. "Oh she will need equipment!" I was already late for my next meeting but we piled mops, buckets, bleach etc into the back of my car and I shot off - after first calling Linda to ask if she could rustle up some volunteers.
 Before I could go to my meeting I had to call in to the Pharmacy - it would have been closed afterwards. Eventually I got to the meeting at which there were two deputy mayors, an ex-mayor now a councillor, another two councillors ( of different sides of the council chamber), two village reps and the president of the cultural society. Suffice to say it was a very noisy meeting. When I left there I shot off to try to get the key for the old school. the key holder was not answering his phone and he was not at home. I kept trying until I managed to get hold of him. By this time it was time to go and pick up the cleaner and take her to the location. Luckily Five volunteers turned up and the school was spic and span in no time.
I was great to see the council and some volunteers working together for the good of the community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!