Something completely different

I thought for a change I would  you one of my favorite places in the UK where I spent a few days  a couple of weeks ago when I went to visit my family.

This is the lovely Greenbank Hotel in Falmouth which dates back to at least 1640.

Looking out to the harbour from my room




Littlest room with a view!


Looking across the river
Kenneth Graham wrote "Wind in the Willows" while staying here. Another notable visitor was Florence Nightingale - her signature can be seen in the hotel register.



When the Packet ships arrived in falmouth many of the captains had rooms at the hotel. When they arrived they put up a flag on the ship to notify the hotel to "Get my room ready"!
Some of these flags and names are now on the doors of the hotel rooms.



A model of one of the packet ships "Mercury"









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!