Time to Blog!

Well one of the advantages of having some extra time is the chance to update the blog regularly again. So let's start:
Today I called in the Town Hall in Vrysses firstly to see if the government had announced whether they are changing the voting system for the next local elections and secondly to pick up two parcels that had been left there for me. We are still waiting for the definitive answer on the elections, but I picked up the parcels. I also took the opportunity to check up on a few facts re the registration of voters.
I discovered the town hall in festive mood with a tree in the entrance.


I then carried on to Georgioupolis to see how the renovations of the village square are going on. this is funded by ESPA ( EEC development money) and also from the "Periferia"



Apparently it is going to be named "Papadogiannis Plateia" after Miltiadis Papadogiannis, the first mayor of Georgioupolis who, with his brother, laid out roads, drained the marshes and also built the little church of St Nikolas on the causeway.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update Helen. I hope the statue of Papadogiannis will have a nice place at his plateia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!