Olives?

I had an unusual day. After a meeting at the Environmental Education office I found myself rushing off to the town hall after a phone call requesting my attendance at a meeting concerning the "Olive Fly" the meeting was to discuss the spraying of the olive trees - for details click here
Although it was a little strange it is encouraging that the non Greek community is being included in everything and that the local people want us to know and understand what is going on.
This may seem trivial during this present crisis when the nation government are struggling to bring in measures to receive the next payment from the IMF, but life has to go on and the more we can do to help each other and work together the better.
I spent the afternoon preparing information for the website and updating it and then revising for a university exam that I have to do on Saturday. I will be out all day tomorrow and evening too so not much time to do it
I have just watched a recording of the passion play that was put on in Port Talbot at Easter. It was very moving and interesting. Martin Sheen is a fine actor and really brings whatever character he plays to life. I think he was more like Brian Clough than Cloughie himself in "The Damned United" I didn't sleep at all the night after I had seen it.
Back to Crete and the weather is very strange - I have never know the bad weather drag on so long, though it is not cold, just dull with some rain
 Normally by now it is blazing sun day in and day out without a cloud in the sky!
back to ApokoronasOurHome.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian and Andrew

The Old Bakery at Georgioupolis ( and more work in the square!)

Back!